On the 26 June I was nominated by Jon and Jo from JWalking for the “One Lovely Blog Award”. It’s such an exciting thing to happen 1 month after I issue my 1st blog piece and great to know that people other than family and friends are reading and enjoying my blog. Thank you Jon and Jo.
As part of the nomination we have to do a few things.
The “One Lovely Blog Award” Rules
- Thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
- List the rules.
- Share 7 interesting things about yourself
- Nominate at least 10 blogs of your choice (up to 15) for the award
- Link to your nominees and let them know of their nomination, usually by commenting on one of their posts.
Interesting Things about Me
It is quite hard to think of 7 things that I haven’t already mentioned in my blogs, am sure my family and friends know most of these, but those of you getting to know to me here they are:
- Before I started travelling full time, I hadn’t eaten crisps (potato chips) for 13 years!! I now eat them as cheap snacks for bus journeys are a challenge.
- I mentioned in my 1st blog that I got travel sick as a child, it’s something I still suffer from badly but I have learnt to manage over the years. I am really bad on boats, cars and buses I can be really bad if I don’t have a window to look out of and if I am distracted by a tv in a bus!! Trains, I am a little better but can’t sit backwards and need a window to look through. Planes I love as I don’t get sick (touch wood) it’s the only transport I can read and watch tv on.
- I am terrified of spiders!! I have been known to get stuck in a room for hours because I couldn’t get around the spider to get out!!
- I am very fussy with what alcohol I drink. I only drink cider, vodka and after a trip to Cuba, I now drink rum. It’s meant that in certain countries I have hardly had a drink, in certain parts of the world there is no cider and cocktails can be too expensive.
- I love the mountains, it’s where I feel most at home and relaxed. I do like a good beach but if I had to choose, the mountains would win.
- My favourite meal is Sunday lunch. Roast beef and especially Yorkshire puddings are the things I miss when I am on the road.
- I have broken my leg, toes, finger and in March 2016 my wrist!!
My Blog Nominations
These are all blogs I have enjoyed reading.
If you have any questions you would like to ask me, then ask away in the comments box below.
Find out about Why I started travelling here, Miami Beach here, Key West here, Everglades here, Bolton Abbey here, Naples here, Koh Tao here, Yangon – Myanmar here, Ischica – Italy here, Koyasan – Japan here, Machu Picchu – Peru here, Memphis here & Faro – The Algarve here
Subscribe now to read my next blog – South Sea Island, Fiji – Visiting Paradise ….